- A basic explanation of blogging technologies, geared toward newbies to get them up to speed. We explain RSS feeds, Rich Text, SEO, and more.
- We explain why TypePad might be a good fit for you (and why it might not), breaking down its features in comparison with other blogging platforms. We show you how to set up your TypePad account and determine the pricing level you need, and we tell you how to import your existing blog to your TypePad account.
- We explain every single element on your TypePad dashboard, walking you through left-to-right, top-to-bottom. You’ll be navigating the newly redesigned dashboard easily before you know it.
- We explain setting up your blog (and what all those optional settings mean), writing your posts, and how you can read your stats on your dashboard.
- We give you some solid ideas on what makes a good blog post and we show you how to maximize your use of your Compose Editor — you can format your font, insert files and images, and change how and when you schedule your posts to publish.
- Social butterflies will appreciate two chapters devoted entirely to interactive aspects of blogging: comments and other social media (such as Twitter). We tell you how to integrate all of this with your TypePad blog.
- Want to customize your blog design? TypePad’s design module recently went through an overhaul, but we walk you through the new module step by step. We show you how to make the most basic design changes (such as applying existing themes) to the much more complex (tweaking your own CSS). We explain how to put an image, text, or list in your sidebar.
- Want to earn some money via your blog? We explain some of your options for monetizing and show you the tools you need to make it happen.
- Lastly, our “Parts of Ten” section lists our top ten blogging tricks, our ten favorite TypePad resources, ten Typepad bloggers we think you should watch (and learn from!), and ten blogging etiquette tips to help you make your (positive) mark in the blogosphere.
This is just a sampling, of course; the book covers a huge range of TypePad-related issues (400 pages’ worth!). If you’re a beginning-to-moderate TypePad user, we feel confident you’ll find plenty in this book to help you make your TypePad experience even better.
The TypePad Giveaway
Now, a giveaway!
- One lucky winner will win a free copy of the book plus a free year of TypePad service which is good for any level of TypePad except Business Class (approximately a $145 value).
- Nine winners will receive a copy of just the book.
To enter, simply leave a comment on this post. I’ll close down comments Friday night and draw ten random winners. I’ll announce the winners on Monday and contact them via e-mail. At that point, winners will have three days to contact me or I’ll have to choose another winner.
Thanks so much for your support! Shannon and I do what we do because of readers like you and we appreciate you.