About Blogging Basics 101
Thank you for your interest in partnering with Blogging Basics 101! I’m Melanie Nelson and my site offers tips and instructions to beginning bloggers. I offer step-by-step instructions, general etiquette advice, and video tutorials. By its nature, Blogging Basics 101 tends to be a site that enjoys a significant amount of SEO traffic; most people find Blogging Basics 101 when searching for help on a specific blogging topic.
There are a few things you should know about my relationship with sponsors and how I run my blog:
- I don’t usually write paid posts, but if I do I’ll have a clear disclaimer on that post telling you what the terms of the agreement are.
- Sometimes I host giveaways, but only for products I think are a fit with you, my audience. I may be paid for those giveaways if I don’t receive product.
- If you click on a link and it goes to Amazon.com, it’s an affiliate link and I will make a commission from anything you purchase. Trust me, I won’t be making a house payment from this commission, but every little bit helps and you need to be aware that I’m making money via my Amazon Associates account. If you make a purchase at Amazon via a link from my site, I thank you!
- Sometimes I put ads on my site. Those ads are always placed in the sidebar of the blog, not in the main content area. If it looks like an ad and it’s in my sidebar, you can assume it’s an ad and I’m being paid for it (either directly or as an affiliate). I try to keep all ads in my sidebar related to people or products I’m familiar with. Right now, the ads you see are unpaid, but are affiliate links to products I support and can recommend without hesitation. I chose to put those ads up, they didn’t ask me.
Advertising at Blogging Basics 101
I am not accepting advertisements at this time. I have no plans to ever accept text link ads.
If you’d like to work with me, please complete the Blogging Basics 101 contact form and let me know how your product or company is a fit with my readers. Once we’ve established a working relationship, we can better determine how to present your product to my readers.
Tech- or blog-related giveaways seem to be few and far between, but those I’ve hosted have been wildly successful.
- My Epson printer giveaway had almost 900 entries and generated some real buzz!
- My review of Blog Blazers resulted in that book being chosen as part of the swag given out at the Blissdom Blog Conference in February, 2009.
The key to those successful campaigns was that they fit with my audience. If you have a tech- or blog-related product you’d like to share with my readers, please let me know, but be sure to tell me how you see it as a fit with my audience. Thanks!