Yesterday I shared some of the main tips from the Blissdom Wisdom Workshop SEO & Counting What Counts presented by Kelby Carr and Angela England. Today I want to give you the rest of the tips they shared, but it won’t be quite as detailed as yesterday’s recap. I love bulleted lists and this is just the time to share a few.
The Quick & Dirty List of SEO Tips
- Use a good, clear title that tells reader what the post is about.
- Use bold subheads for clarity (header tags have more authority than bold).
- Focus your post(s) instead of writing about several topics at once.
- Make sure your link text includes keywords, and not just “click here”.
- Update your blog frequently — Google comes if you’re updating regularly.
- Instead of using a weekly generic post title (e.g., Works for Me Wednesday), use a descriptive title w/a dash (e.g., SEO Training in Two Minutes – Works for Me Wednesday).
- Make sure your popular posts have a call to action (ask your readers to answer a question, link to another related article, etc.)
- Use captions for photos w/your keywords.
- Rename your pictures to reflect your keywords or what the pictures show (Google image search can drive a lot of traffic!).
- Use dashes, not underlines, when you name your pictures.
- image captions can be the same as your Alt info.