Type-A Parent Conference, in its fourth year, is designed to help social media/blogging parents and the companies who want to connect with them take it to the next level. The conference will feature some of the most influential, admired, and insightful bloggers and social media thought leaders talking about topics like power networking, branding, blogging, finding your voice, and turning your passion for blogging into a real paycheck. Type-A Parent Conference is being held June 22-24, 2012 in Charlotte, NC. You can register for Type-A Parent Conference and use code BLOGGINGBASICS101 to get 20% off for a limited time!
Attending a blogging conference is an important part of building your blog as a business. It’s not just about the learning (though, there is that), it’s about the face-to-face networking you do while you’re there. Of course, you’ll get to see the friends you know, but they’ll introduce you to their friends so you can make connections with people in different areas and grow your personal network. That’s one of the key ways I’ve been growing my consulting business over the past two years.
I’m choosy about the conferences I attend. If I’m going to spend the money to attend a conference, I want to be sure it offers the things that are important to me: learning something new and meeting people I can partner with so we can help each other reach our goals. I may only attend one or two conferences a year depending on the timing and what’s being offered. One of the conferences I enjoy most is Type-A Parent Blogging Conference. In fact, I found it so beneficial last year that I bought my early-bird ticket the moment they went on sale last year. I was that sure I’d be back — and I’m not a bit sorry. This year’s lineup of speakers promises to be one of the best yet!
Partial Speaker List Announced for Type-A Parent Conference
I can tell you without hesitation that if you’re wanting to learn something new, Type-A Parent Conference is for you. This year’s speaker line up is exciting because it’s filled with people who know their topics and excel at sharing information with others. You are going to walk away with information you can use immediately. Here are just a few of the speakers and their sessions:
- How to Write a Book Proposal (hands-on track): Ellen Gerstein and Amy Fanderi (both from Wiley publishing)
- Monetizing Your Blog with Affiliates (business track): Brian Littleton, CEO of Sharasale
- Creating a Killer About Page (hands-on track): Linda Sellers (consultant and owner of Linneyville) and Tonja Deegan (digital marketing manager for University of Michigan Alumni Association)
- Blog Design (intensives track): Melissa Culbertson (founder of MomComm), Brittany Van der Linden (owner of Mommy Words), and Laurie Smithwick (VP/Creative Director of LEAP Design)
- Traffic Building Bootcamp (intensives track): Heather Solos, owner of Home-ec 101 and co-founder of SpinPicks.
- Facebook Fan Page (intensives track): Melanie Nelson…hey! That’s me! And my book Facebook All-In-One for Dummies will be hot off the presses!
And that’s not even ALL of them! For a list of the speakers that have been announced so far, visit the Type-A Parent Conference website. Prepare to be amazed.
Follow the Buzz About Type-A Parent Conference
Don’t forget to follow the official outlets for Type-A Parent Conference so you can get to know more about who else is going. It’s so much easier to jump right in when you feel like you’ve already been part of the group for months before you actually meet!
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/typeacon
- Google+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/
- Twitter: @typeaparentcon and use hashtag #typeacon
- Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/typeacon