Melanie Nelson is a social media trainer and consultant who has been helping businesses market online since 1995. She recently wrote Facebook All-In-One for Dummies.
Melanie owns BloggingBasics101.com, a nationally recognized site that provides tips and instructions for beginning and intermediate bloggers. Her blog has been featured on Mashable, as well as Hubspot’s list of “10 Amazing Blogs About Blogging to Start Reading NOW.” Her newest venture, Summit Integrated Media, offers online and in-house social media and blogging training.
Melanie regularly shares information about building community, improving SEO, and using Facebook to build your business. She has spoken and taught hands-on workshops at conferences such as Blog World & New Media Expo, Type-A Parent, BlogHer, Blissdom, FinCon, and many others. In addition to writing about current trends in social media, Melanie is a freelance author and editor for John Wiley & Sons Publishing.
If you’d like to work with Melanie on a project, would like her to speak or host a workshop at your event, or have a question for her, please send a request to email@example.com. If you’re looking for local help, Melanie resides in Oklahoma, but is willing to travel.
Interviews and Acknowledgements
- 10 Amazing Blogs About Blogging to Start Reading NOW via Hubspot.com
- HOW TO: Pick the Perfect Name for Your Startup via Mashable.com
- Ever Seen Your Facebook Privacy Settings? 13 Million People Haven’t via Parade Magazine
- The Past, Present, and Future of Blogging with Melanie Nelson of Blogging Basics 101 via ShePosts.com
- What Should Small Business Owners Know About Facebook Changes in 2012? via Power to Fight the Big Boys
- Featured Member Interview via One2One Network
- Skimbaco Lifestyle Interview with Melanie Nelson of Blogging Basics 101
- Blogging Basics 101 is listed as one of the Top 10 Blogs on Blogging by Blogs.com
- Melanie Nelson, Blogging Guru Interview via Blog Out Loud
- Blogging Basics 101 is listed as one of the 100 Top Freelance Blogs
Melanie’s Featured Articles and Expert Advice
Local Fox news station interviews Melanie Nelson about Facebook:
5 Minutes for Mom interviews Melanie Nelson about writing multiple blogs:
I am a total amateur but just wanted to say thank you for all of your wonderful information. I have moved from page 56 on google alerts to page 5 for my niche and it is mostly due to your wonderful tips! Just wanted to say thank you!!! ~Fran
Thanks so much for the information, You have helped me figure out blogging problems that I tried to fix for months, with one email from you. Thanks so much for helping learn to blog. ~Katherine
I bookmarked some pages here because they’ve been really helpful. Your work here is very much appreciated especially for folks like me who are not very web savvy. Thanks so much. ~Ness
I really should be asleep right now but I’m having a hard time pulling myself away from your site. I started my blog for a writing course and am quickly becoming hooked. It’s just a personal blog until I find a more interesting subject that I can stick to but I’m having a blast. I really appreciate that every tip comes with a specific LINKED example. That really helps, so thank you! ~Steph