This week I asked my Blogging Basics 101 Facebook fans to share their best blogging tip for beginners. They had some good ones!
Barbara H.: Blogging is a learning curve. You’ll develop your own vision and writing style over time. It’s okay to make mistakes and learn from them.
Linda K. of Travels with Children: Pick a blog name/URL that is descriptive, useful, and lasting.
Valerie S. of Writing Tips — Miss Wordy: Be yourself — people like connecting with a real person and your personality is just as much a part of the blog as the content itself.
Dollie F. of Teachers of Good Things: Make your blog easy for readers [to navigate; it should be] clean and inviting! Your great content won’t be read if your readers don’t return.
And, of course, I’ve had a few things to say about blogging tips over the past few years:
- Beginning Blogger Checklist: 5 Mistakes to Avoid When Starting a New Blog
- Beginning Blogger Checklist: 5 MORE Mistakes to Avoid
- Choosing a Blogging Niche
- How We Communicate: FAQs for Beginning Bloggers
- New Blogger Checklist
- How important is it for my blog name and the URL to match?