Every day I share links to all the tech articles I love on the Blogging Basics 101 Tumblr blog! Subscribe to the Tumblr blog and never miss another article.
- One Year Ago Today — Learning to Embrace the Tech Community via Girl with a Computer. I really needed to read this yesterday. I’ve had a hard week of learning and frustration. I’ve been blogging a long time and I understand the mechanics of it, but when I try to reach beyond it, sometimes the learning is tough. I know I can do it because 15 years I ago it was my job to do it. And if you’re just starting, you can do it too. Go read this article and let Ashley remind you that you can do this.
- User’s Guide for All in One SEO Pack via WP Beginner. The All in One SEO Pack is one of the must-have plug-ins for your WordPress.org blog and now you’ll know how to use it to its full potential!
- What it Looks Like When Brands Don’t Get Social Media via Incslingers. Sometimes you get it, sometimes you don’t. And when you don’t, you usually are working with a traditional marketing or journalism team that is resisting the changes social media is demanding. Don’t make that mistake. Bring in people who understand what people expect online.
- SEO Copywriting Checklist for WordPress Blogs via Web Success Diva. The method suggested here requires some preparation and work on your part (hello, editorial calendar!), but I think you may be happy with the results. If you try it out, let us know how it worked. I’m betting you’ll have more results than just great SEO — an editorial calendar really helps with the overall organization of your blog.
- TypePad for Dummies Interview & Questions Answered via Build a Better Blog. Shannon and I spent the other day fielding blogging questions (some about TypePad, some not) and the discussion was really interesting. Check it out and let me know what you think.
- How to Blog (Better) via BlogHer. BlogHer has a new forum up where you can ask questions and get answers. I’ve been in there a few times and there’s some good info to be had. Stop by, join the group, and jump in!